Sunday, July 27, 2008

Speaking of Mayonnaise...

it really is the best condiment. And coming from me, that's really saying something because I pretty much lurve all condiments.

There are few people in this world who have known me for any length of time who dont know about my strong feelings for the sandwich topper. And most of them know that I'm brand-loyal with my purchase and use of mayonnaise.

Duke’s Mayonnaise – growing up, it was the ever-present condiment on every tomato sandwich and batch of potato salad on any family vacation, beach trip or school lunch. When I moved to the Northwest and learned I couldn’t buy the stuff out here, I almost left. But thanks to the support of friends and family who ship Duke’s Mayonnaise to me, I continue on.

Sandwich season is a terrible time to be without mayonnaise. Unfortunately, I just ran out. I'm hoping that the friend who's meeting me in San Diego next weekend will bring me a jar or two. Or that mom's special telekinesis will kick in and some will arrive on my doorstep tomorrow.

'Til then, I guess I'll have to make do with Best Foods' mayo or just start putting ranch dressing on everything.


No comments: