Wednesday, November 28, 2012

RILLA...in Singapore

RILLA...in Singapore

So there's no one to see me consume what I can only describe as THE most ghetto dinner ever (saltines with butter and some apple-pomelo yogurt) while catching up on How I Met Your Mother episodes online. 

I have to watch HIMYM online because I dont get American TV in Singapore. Except for a couple of HBO channels and a couple of Discovery Channels and E!. But the programming is delayed, so I'm watching last season's Keeping Up With the Kardashians....so I'm all caught up on them.

And I have to watch HIMYM online at home, because I have to use my VPN so that the internet thinks I'm in America. Because in Singapore, on Singapore internet, you cant stream. Which means that for the most part, I am without ESPN360, Pandora, CBS.com, hulu and anything else streaming. Except YouTube.

So to celebrate my access to television, I poured myself a glass of wine. From a screw top bottle. That was S$15 on sale. (Regular price: S$25). 

And now I'm eating leftover Thanksgiving cookies that I smuggled back into Singapore from my trip to the US to visit the fam last week.

I'm VERY glad there's no one here to witness this progression of events. And judge me for it. To my face.

No comments: