Monday, July 16, 2012

I'm on a boat and...

Ok, I'm not on a boat yet. But I will be. Soon.

The Singapore trip planning is in full swing. There are a host of things in Singapore that the BF has been waiting to explore until I arrive: the Raffles hotel (origin of the Singapore Sling), the botanical gardens, the zoo. So that's on the agenda. Also, dinner with some friends of friends who live there.

Then we're going to go to Bintan, Indonesia. It's about a 45-minute boat ride from Singapore and is a beautiful little island, with beaches and jet skis and kayaks and golf and...stuff. According to the interwebz, it's all the resorty things people love about Bali, but not quite as touristy.

But now that the trip is looming, I have a few concerns. In which hotels will we have drinkable tap water? How much does alcohol cost? How scared do I need to be of street food? Or ice in my cocktail? But my biggest concern about the trip: how in the world is my poor translucent Seattle skin going to handle the equatorial sunshine?! Now that summer has arrived, I'm trying to get out and play and see some sunshine when I can in Seattle. But it might not be enough. Anyone know where I can acquire some SPF 90 or something? 


No comments: